Cold Weather Upon Us
Winter Storm In Marlboro, NJ
As we come into the weekend it seems as the temperatures are going to be falling and possible snow storm. The front is moving in from the west and should start making things cold by late this week. With that said please make sure you are prepared and don’t get caught in the cold. Here are a few tips to follow during the winter season.
- While driving make sure you have enough gas to get back and forth from where you’re traveling to.
- Have an emergency kit in the car (ie: blanket, water, flashlight, non-perishable food, etc.).
- Ensure you have gas for a generator in case you lose power (never run the generator in or around the house because of carbon monoxide).
- If you have a fire place, make sure you have enough wood to burn.
- Flashlights or candles for the house in case the power goes out.
- Plenty of drinking water.
- Fill the tub with water in case you need to boil water or flush toilets.
These are just some examples of supplies you could need during a winter storm. You can also go online and look under the Red Cross they have tips for surviving a storm. As always if there is a need for our services after a storm feel free to contact SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Fall at 732-532-7555, we are on call 24/7 365 days a year. Be safe and have a Happy New Year.
When storms or floods hit Monmouth & Ocean Counties, SERVPRO is Ready
Our marketer Jeff getting ready to hit the ground running after just having a 4 day rain storm.
SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained, and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition. Here are a few reasons why SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls should be the company you call when disaster strikes.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Monmouth & Ocean Counties, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of over 1,700 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 732-536-7555
Why it's important to call the professionals at SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls
Water loss not dried out properly by homeowner causing mold.
We get quite a good amount of calls from customer that need us to come in and see if they have mold. When the call comes in there’s a series of questions the office staff ask so when the estimator goes out, they are prepared. One of the questions asked is where do you think the source of the mold is coming from? More times then none the customer says, “well we had a water leak and clean it up ourselves”, now this is where you see the office staff cringe. Please if you have a water loss in your home let the professionals at SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls do the water mitigation. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls are trained in water mitigation and will have back home back to “Like it never even happened”. We will dry out your home properly, so you won’t have to call us about mold. Homeowners may think the home is dry and cleanup properly but without the right tools and equipment it can’t be done. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls is available 24/7 365 days a year, so when in need give us a call 732-536-7555.
ERP (Emergency Ready Profile)
Commercial Emergency Water Loss In Farmingdale, NJ
For our commercial customer we provide a service that’s for free, ERP’s (Emergency Ready Profile) will provide your company with a sense of security. By developing a SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business. The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile is a startup approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information. By working with SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Profile, your business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster. SERVPRO® is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
Dryer Vent Fires
Fire Loss In Tinton Falls, NJ
Time to clean out those dryer exhaust vents. Dryer exhaust vents are a major concern for fires. There are many people out there that have dryers and have never cleaned out their vents (the hose that goes from the dryer to the wall that vents outside), well its time. Vents should be cleaned and inspected at least once a year. If you have a larger family and do a lot more laundry two to three times a year is better. But it’s just not the vent it’s self you should clean the dryer filter after each use. The drum it’s self doesn’t need to be cleaned unless there was something forgotten about like gum, lipstick or pen. If you notice that its taking 2-3 cycles to dry your clothing properly then it’s time to clean things out. If you are in need of a clean up due to fire give SERVPRO of Marlboro/ Tinton Falls a call.
Content Pack-Out And Storage
SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls Warehouse In Marlboro, NJ
One of the benefits of using SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls is we are a one stop shop. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls provides many services. One of our services is packing out your contents after a disaster strikes. Our 3,300sf warehouse can store many customers belongings. Our technicians carefully clean (either on site or back at our warehouse) and pack your contents and then transport them to our climate-controlled facility in Marlboro, NJ. Once on site we pack your contents into storage vaults which help protect you items and keeps them clean. Once your home is back in order and ready to be moved back into, we will deliver everything back to your home “Like It Never Even Happened”. Our goal is to make your disaster as seamless and non-stressful as possible. So when disaster strikes make SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls your first call, 732-536-7555.
Ground Water Issues Cause Mold
Ground water causing mold in the crawl space of multiple units in adult community. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls was called in by the property manager of the adult community to take care of a mold issue in one of their units. Upon inspection we noticed a musty smell and what appeared to be mold growth in the crawl space. We were told they were not going to do testing and to just treat it as a mold remediation. After inspecting the entire crawl space, we noticed there were cracks in the foundation which was letting water in. The property manager will need to fix the cracks in order to ensure this problem doesn’t keep happening. When we finished the crawl space the property manager was happy with our services and showed us another unit that had issues. Now we have a great working relationship with this property manager and look forward to working with them in the future.
Holiday Decorating In Toms River, NJ
As December falls upon us so do the holidays. If you celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas or Kwanzaa there are dangers that could be associated with these holidays. Candles lit for your celebration should not be unattended because they could cause fires. Christmas trees should be kept away from heating elements, keep hydrated, and don’t leave the tree lit when no one is around. Overloading electrical circuits with outdoor lighting could be an issue and cause fires. Your pets should be considered during this time too. Keep the sweets out of the reach of your animal especially chocolate because this could be very dangerous to them. Secure decorations such as your Christmas tree so it doesn’t fall on top of your pets. New Years can be scary for your pets because of all the noise, plan to have them in their own space so they don’t get nervous. We here at SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls hope your holidays are safe and happy.
Why Mold Test
Mold In Brielle, NJ
Why mold testing? If you suspect you have mold getting a good testing company in is key. Here are a few reasons to get testing done first:
1) Create a baseline for future testing. This allows a mold professional to track and evaluate the progress of mold abatement activities. If current levels are unknown, it is difficult to establish that progress has been made.
2) Establish the presence of mold and the justification for remediation. Many remediation and insurance companies will not authorize or undertake mold remediation if the presence of mold growth is not scientifically demonstrated.
3) Set the parameters for remediation. Many remediation companies will not initiate an abatement project without the input of a testing company to define the boundaries of the affected area needing remediation.
4) Identify the types of mold present (i.e., "natural" or "toxic"). In many cases, residents are interested in the types of mold present and the possible relation to medical symptoms they may be experiencing. Certain mold species may cause serious illness in the elderly, infants and people who have weak immune systems due to chemotherapy but check with your physician to see if you’re at risk. Testing can assure the indoor environment is free of mold species that may cause infection in vulnerable people.
5) Establish the levels present. Although mold is mold, and its presence calls for remediation, it is useful to know if the ambient airborne levels are in a range of thousands, or hundreds of thousands. For example, this may affect decisions regarding the timeliness of remediation, and the continued occupancy of the premises.
6) Find "hidden mold". Mold growth may often not be visible in a house but known water intrusion or a moldy odor provides cause for concern. Testing will identify if there is a mold problem, even when there is no visible mold growth.
7) To "clear" a remediation; that is, to show that all mold is gone after remediation. Often, mold remediation will miss a mold-contaminated area. Testing of the air in the contained work area will assure that the levels inside the work area are reduced to ambient levels. This also provides documentation for future real estate transfers that the mold was properly and effectively removed.
8) To confirm the “lack of mold”, as in a home purchase. Sometimes a homebuyer will have concerns about mold when purchasing a new home. This may be as a result of a bad experience with mold in their previous residence. Mold testing can provide the peace of mind that there are no problems with elevated airborne mold in the new residence.
9) Confirm that a flood has not yet created mold growth. Floods in homes and offices can occur due to breaks in plumbing lines, or failure of plumbing fixtures. After drying, it is useful to test for mold to assure occupants that mold has not grown as a result of the flooding.
10) Support a legal case. A lawyer or plaintiff usually needs to have objective evidence of the presence or absence of mold and mold exposure to support a legal action. Testing can show scientifically whether mold was or was not present.
SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls is here to help if you suspect mold in your home. Give us a call at 732-536-7555 and we will be happy to help, we can also be found on the web at www.SERVPROmarlborotintonfalls.com.
Water Loss In Colts Neck, NJ
Source detection isn’t something we do but if while in the process of doing mitigation we stumble upon the issue we will be more then happy to point you in the right direction. Ideal situations for our technicians are to have the source of the water stopped before us getting there, sometimes that isn’t the case such as ground water intrusion. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls ask that you be patient with us when it comes to us coming in and the water intrusion isn’t stopped. Our job is to mitigate the damage that was done and not stop the cause of the loss. If the water is still coming in, then we can’t do our job. That’s why if you call into the office our trained staff ask a series of question about your loss. If you tell the office that the leak is still happening, they will point you in the right direction on who to call as our technicians are getting ready to deploy. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls staff under stands this is a very difficult time for you and we are here to help, so if you have a water loss and need help give us a call 732-536-7555.