Holiday Decorating In Toms River, NJ
As December falls upon us so do the holidays. If you celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas or Kwanzaa there are dangers that could be associated with these holidays. Candles lit for your celebration should not be unattended because they could cause fires. Christmas trees should be kept away from heating elements, keep hydrated, and don’t leave the tree lit when no one is around. Overloading electrical circuits with outdoor lighting could be an issue and cause fires. Your pets should be considered during this time too. Keep the sweets out of the reach of your animal especially chocolate because this could be very dangerous to them. Secure decorations such as your Christmas tree so it doesn’t fall on top of your pets. New Years can be scary for your pets because of all the noise, plan to have them in their own space so they don’t get nervous. We here at SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls hope your holidays are safe and happy.
Why Mold Test
Mold In Brielle, NJ
Why mold testing? If you suspect you have mold getting a good testing company in is key. Here are a few reasons to get testing done first:
1) Create a baseline for future testing. This allows a mold professional to track and evaluate the progress of mold abatement activities. If current levels are unknown, it is difficult to establish that progress has been made.
2) Establish the presence of mold and the justification for remediation. Many remediation and insurance companies will not authorize or undertake mold remediation if the presence of mold growth is not scientifically demonstrated.
3) Set the parameters for remediation. Many remediation companies will not initiate an abatement project without the input of a testing company to define the boundaries of the affected area needing remediation.
4) Identify the types of mold present (i.e., "natural" or "toxic"). In many cases, residents are interested in the types of mold present and the possible relation to medical symptoms they may be experiencing. Certain mold species may cause serious illness in the elderly, infants and people who have weak immune systems due to chemotherapy but check with your physician to see if you’re at risk. Testing can assure the indoor environment is free of mold species that may cause infection in vulnerable people.
5) Establish the levels present. Although mold is mold, and its presence calls for remediation, it is useful to know if the ambient airborne levels are in a range of thousands, or hundreds of thousands. For example, this may affect decisions regarding the timeliness of remediation, and the continued occupancy of the premises.
6) Find "hidden mold". Mold growth may often not be visible in a house but known water intrusion or a moldy odor provides cause for concern. Testing will identify if there is a mold problem, even when there is no visible mold growth.
7) To "clear" a remediation; that is, to show that all mold is gone after remediation. Often, mold remediation will miss a mold-contaminated area. Testing of the air in the contained work area will assure that the levels inside the work area are reduced to ambient levels. This also provides documentation for future real estate transfers that the mold was properly and effectively removed.
8) To confirm the “lack of mold”, as in a home purchase. Sometimes a homebuyer will have concerns about mold when purchasing a new home. This may be as a result of a bad experience with mold in their previous residence. Mold testing can provide the peace of mind that there are no problems with elevated airborne mold in the new residence.
9) Confirm that a flood has not yet created mold growth. Floods in homes and offices can occur due to breaks in plumbing lines, or failure of plumbing fixtures. After drying, it is useful to test for mold to assure occupants that mold has not grown as a result of the flooding.
10) Support a legal case. A lawyer or plaintiff usually needs to have objective evidence of the presence or absence of mold and mold exposure to support a legal action. Testing can show scientifically whether mold was or was not present.
SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls is here to help if you suspect mold in your home. Give us a call at 732-536-7555 and we will be happy to help, we can also be found on the web at www.SERVPROmarlborotintonfalls.com.
Water Loss In Colts Neck, NJ
Source detection isn’t something we do but if while in the process of doing mitigation we stumble upon the issue we will be more then happy to point you in the right direction. Ideal situations for our technicians are to have the source of the water stopped before us getting there, sometimes that isn’t the case such as ground water intrusion. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls ask that you be patient with us when it comes to us coming in and the water intrusion isn’t stopped. Our job is to mitigate the damage that was done and not stop the cause of the loss. If the water is still coming in, then we can’t do our job. That’s why if you call into the office our trained staff ask a series of question about your loss. If you tell the office that the leak is still happening, they will point you in the right direction on who to call as our technicians are getting ready to deploy. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls staff under stands this is a very difficult time for you and we are here to help, so if you have a water loss and need help give us a call 732-536-7555.
Black Mold In Toms River, NJ
What Is Black Mold?
Stachybotrys chartarum is the type of mold often called “black mold” or “toxic mold”. Many news reports warn about the dangers of black mold and these stories can be alarming and confusing. Mold in your home should be treated with caution –
- Stay out of affected areas
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold
How Do You Know If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can produce allergens and irritants, you should contact a qualified mold remediation company/testing company regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold can exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect that you have a mold problem, contact a SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls immediately at 732-536-7555.
Storm Damage Restoration
When Storms or Floods hit Monmouth or Ocean County, SERVPRO of Malboro/Tinton Falls is ready!
SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained, and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we can respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit our communities, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,700 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls – 732-536-7555
Turkey Frying Tips
As Thanksgiving and Christmas falls upon us some of us will want to deep fry those turkeys. Deep frying a turkey can be very dangerous. The National Fire Protection Association discourages using a turkey fryer. If you are set on frying a turkey, we encourage you to follow some of the following tips.
- Do not fry the turkey indoors.
- Do not fill the fryer past the fill line.
- Preheat oil in the fryer to 375 degrees
- Place fryer on a flat surface and keep away from the house or garage/shed.
- Ensure the turkey is fully defrosted and pat dry before cooking.
- Keep the kids away from the fryer.
- Don’t leave the fryer unattended.
With these tips you should have a successful fried turkey for the holidays. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls wishes everyone a safe and happy holiday season.
Commercial Building Losses
Fire Loss To A Grocery Store In Belmar, NJ
SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls can handle your commercial fire, water or mold loss. We are ready to attack any loss 24/7/365. This is were we thrive, is on being there for our customers when they need us most. If you have a loss we will respond quickly once on site, we will speak with you and let you know the next steps in the process of getting you business back up and running. Knowing and understanding the process of a loss is key. There will always be open communication between us and you the business owner. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls prides ourselves on keeping our customers informed of the job process and progress so you can prepare to keep or get ready to re-open your business. We understand that if you’re not open, you’re not making money and that can affect a lot of lives. So, we ask that you trust us with your loss and we will treat it as if it was our place of business. Call us at 732-536-7555 or visit us on the web SERVPROmarlborotintonfalls.com.
Truth About Mold
Mold Damage Due To An Undetected Hot Water Pipe Leaking
Mold occurs naturally throughout the environment both indoors and outdoors. Mold spores could be found in nearly every structure in the United States regardless of how new or clean the structure is. That’s because mold in normal amounts is no more dangerous than dust or pollen. Some forms of mold can add value to our lives, other forms can be harmful. Excessive amounts of mold, different types of mold or exposure to molds may present health concerns for some people. Please contact your healthcare provider to see if mold could be affecting your health. If there is an ongoing moisture problem in your office, your home or in your customer’s home it is important to be alert for the presence of visible mold, strong, musty odors which may indicate mold is present or any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused mold growth.
Flood Waters In Spring Lake Heights, NJ
Affected Basement/Crawl Spaces In Apartment Building In Spring Lake Heights, NJ
What do you do when building that held your business or the place you call home has felt the impact of flood water. Questions will fill a person's mind, and their emotions will be difficult to handle. Recovering from a flood will not happen quickly. It takes time to return to normal.
Information Is Key
When trying recover from storm damage in the ocean county area, it's important to stay tuned into the local media such as television, social media or radio. These outlets will be able to provide information on when it will be safe to return to your home or business.
If a flood has impacted your area, well or tap water should not be used for drinking or anything else. The water could contain many types of pollutants. Bottled water or water from a safe source should be used.
Keep an eye on children, elderly and pets to keep them safe from harm.
It's important for people to stay away from any moving water. It only takes half a foot of moving water to knock a person down. A few feet of moving water can sweep away most automobiles.
SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls can be contacted to come in and restore your home or business, 732-536-7555.
Water Damage in Spring Lake Heights, NJ
Water Intrusion In Spring Lake Heights, NJ
According to the National Flood Insurance program flooding is the most common natural disaster in the United States. This year is their 50th anniversary helping millions of business and households in over 22,000 communities. Between the years of 1978 & 2017 1.7 million claims were paid out. Flooding is not covered by most homeowner’s insurance policies, so it may be necessary to buy a separate flood policy for your home.
Tips to keep water from entering your home during a heavy rain event:
- Fix foundation leaks that may allow water to enter your home.
- Make sure your roof is secure and protected.
- Clear gutters and drains
If you experience water your home, getting someone on site as soon as possible is key to keeping the amount of damage to a minimum. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls is ready to respond at any time and will provide a free assessment and estimate.