Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Content Pack-Out And Storage
SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls Warehouse In Marlboro, NJ
One of the benefits of using SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls is we are a one stop shop. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls provides many services. One of our services is packing out your contents after a disaster strikes. Our 3,300sf warehouse can store many customers belongings. Our technicians carefully clean (either on site or back at our warehouse) and pack your contents and then transport them to our climate-controlled facility in Marlboro, NJ. Once on site we pack your contents into storage vaults which help protect you items and keeps them clean. Once your home is back in order and ready to be moved back into, we will deliver everything back to your home “Like It Never Even Happened”. Our goal is to make your disaster as seamless and non-stressful as possible. So when disaster strikes make SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls your first call, 732-536-7555.
Why Mold Test
Mold In Brielle, NJ
Why mold testing? If you suspect you have mold getting a good testing company in is key. Here are a few reasons to get testing done first:
1) Create a baseline for future testing. This allows a mold professional to track and evaluate the progress of mold abatement activities. If current levels are unknown, it is difficult to establish that progress has been made.
2) Establish the presence of mold and the justification for remediation. Many remediation and insurance companies will not authorize or undertake mold remediation if the presence of mold growth is not scientifically demonstrated.
3) Set the parameters for remediation. Many remediation companies will not initiate an abatement project without the input of a testing company to define the boundaries of the affected area needing remediation.
4) Identify the types of mold present (i.e., "natural" or "toxic"). In many cases, residents are interested in the types of mold present and the possible relation to medical symptoms they may be experiencing. Certain mold species may cause serious illness in the elderly, infants and people who have weak immune systems due to chemotherapy but check with your physician to see if you’re at risk. Testing can assure the indoor environment is free of mold species that may cause infection in vulnerable people.
5) Establish the levels present. Although mold is mold, and its presence calls for remediation, it is useful to know if the ambient airborne levels are in a range of thousands, or hundreds of thousands. For example, this may affect decisions regarding the timeliness of remediation, and the continued occupancy of the premises.
6) Find "hidden mold". Mold growth may often not be visible in a house but known water intrusion or a moldy odor provides cause for concern. Testing will identify if there is a mold problem, even when there is no visible mold growth.
7) To "clear" a remediation; that is, to show that all mold is gone after remediation. Often, mold remediation will miss a mold-contaminated area. Testing of the air in the contained work area will assure that the levels inside the work area are reduced to ambient levels. This also provides documentation for future real estate transfers that the mold was properly and effectively removed.
8) To confirm the “lack of mold”, as in a home purchase. Sometimes a homebuyer will have concerns about mold when purchasing a new home. This may be as a result of a bad experience with mold in their previous residence. Mold testing can provide the peace of mind that there are no problems with elevated airborne mold in the new residence.
9) Confirm that a flood has not yet created mold growth. Floods in homes and offices can occur due to breaks in plumbing lines, or failure of plumbing fixtures. After drying, it is useful to test for mold to assure occupants that mold has not grown as a result of the flooding.
10) Support a legal case. A lawyer or plaintiff usually needs to have objective evidence of the presence or absence of mold and mold exposure to support a legal action. Testing can show scientifically whether mold was or was not present.
SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls is here to help if you suspect mold in your home. Give us a call at 732-536-7555 and we will be happy to help, we can also be found on the web at www.SERVPROmarlborotintonfalls.com.
Black Mold In Toms River, NJ
What Is Black Mold?
Stachybotrys chartarum is the type of mold often called “black mold” or “toxic mold”. Many news reports warn about the dangers of black mold and these stories can be alarming and confusing. Mold in your home should be treated with caution –
- Stay out of affected areas
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold
How Do You Know If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can produce allergens and irritants, you should contact a qualified mold remediation company/testing company regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold can exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect that you have a mold problem, contact a SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls immediately at 732-536-7555.
Truth About Mold
Mold Damage Due To An Undetected Hot Water Pipe Leaking
Mold occurs naturally throughout the environment both indoors and outdoors. Mold spores could be found in nearly every structure in the United States regardless of how new or clean the structure is. That’s because mold in normal amounts is no more dangerous than dust or pollen. Some forms of mold can add value to our lives, other forms can be harmful. Excessive amounts of mold, different types of mold or exposure to molds may present health concerns for some people. Please contact your healthcare provider to see if mold could be affecting your health. If there is an ongoing moisture problem in your office, your home or in your customer’s home it is important to be alert for the presence of visible mold, strong, musty odors which may indicate mold is present or any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused mold growth.
Repairs After Remediation
The last thing you want to do after remediating mold is thinking about the repair!
After you have remediated your mold now the time has come to put your home back together. There may have been drywall, carpet, carpet padding or even other flooring materials that need to be replaced.
Most customers don’t want to have to shop about for multiple contractors to provide the services to repair their home after remediation has been performed. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls is a soup to nuts company that will remediate your home and have the ability and expertise to put it back together.
Instead of having to build a relationship with another contractor let us fix your home for you. We have worked on numerous rebuilds and have had happy customers every time.
So, the next time you just do not feel like shopping around for another contractor, give SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls a call (732) 536-7555 or visit us at www.SERVPROmarlborotintonfalls.com!
Nicer Weather in Monmouth County, NJ
Not Just Cold Weather Brings Losses To Your Home
Wow hope the upcoming weeks are going to show us a glimmer of springtime weather. Looks like the ground hogs got it wrong. After being hit with not one, not two but four nor’easters SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls thinks it safe to say we all need some sunshine and warm weather. Although the not so nice weather is good for business we believe our minds need a break from the cold and snow.
Not just snow and cold bring work our way SERVPRO of Marlboro Tinton Falls deal with all kind of losses such as overflow toilets, fire losses, mold growth and bio-hazard cleanups. All these losses don’t have a particular time of year to occur. Just know that SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls is here to help 24/7/365.
As we come upon the nicer (fingers crossed) weather we wish you all a happy and healthy spring and summer. If you are need of our services please give us a call at 732-536-7555 or visit our website at SERVPROmarlborotintonfalls.com.
Tips On Preventing Mold In Your Home
Mold And Dry Rot Caused By A Leaking Sink
Tips for Preventing Mold and Mildew
When mold is present in your home, it can be hard to get rid of. Mold spores travel very easily, and maybe dormant for months or years, waiting for a water loss or warmth and humidity to arrive.
The best way to protect your home from mold damage mold is to prevent it. Here are three mold tips in mind to keep mold growth from creating havoc on your home:
Warmth and moisture help mold to thrive, which is why it shows it’s self during the spring and summer months. Mold growth can occur at any time of year if the climate conditions are right. The best indoor temperature for preventing mold growth is a moderate 78 degrees F.
Water damage is a major cause for fungus growth if water mitigation isn’t properly done. If water is allowed to sit mold could start to grow within 48-72 hours and there is a chance mold has already started to spread. You should check for standing water behind toilets, under sinks and behind the washing machine. If you come upon standing water or mold call SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls to cleanup and properly dry out the structure to prevent mold.
A dehumidifier should be placed in areas that are prone to high humidity. Mold needs a humid environment to thrive, so if you reduce the risk of creating a humid environment and purchase a dehumidifier. A quality dehumidifier will cost you some money upfront but the price will be a lot less then mold remediation.
Water damage and a humid environment are all mold needs to thrive. Prevention is easy, and by keeping the above three tips in mind, you can keep fungi at bay and your home safe from mold. If you would like further information on mold please feel free to check out our website at http://www.SERVPROmarlborotintonfalls.com
Not Know Where Mold Can Grow
Mold Growth In A Bathroom Caused By A Roof Leak
Mold can grow virtually anywhere. It can happen to anyone at anytime; it could be your home or place of business. A lot of people don’t go in there attics or crawl spaces very often and those are great spots for mold growth.
It’s best to have things checked out after having a water loss to see if there is mold growth. Mold can be a problem before it is ever discovered. Mold has the ability to start to grow 24 to 48 hours if water damage isn’t mitigated properly.
SERVPRO of Marlboro / Tinton Falls is here to inspect, treat and remove the mold for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Unfortunately there are some companies out there that say they know how to do water mitigation but don’t do the job right the first time and you end up with mold but SERVPRO does water mitigation right the 1st time to ensure you don’t get mold in the future as long as there is no water intrusion.
If you believe you may have mold give us a call at 732-536-7555 and we can schedule an inspection.
Not Just Surface Damage from Mold
Black Mold Damage in Jackson, NJ
We’ve spoken on our blog about the sources of mold, where it likes to grow, and the speed at which it grows. In addition to this, it is important to note that when left for long periods of time mold can gradually destroy the surfaces they grow on.
Mold growth is usually a sign of high levels of humidity within the area. In addition to mold, a high amount of humidity can cause structural damage to your home or business and its contents as drywall begins to deteriorate or wood begins to rot (dry rot). Conditions for mold growth involve humidity, correct temperatures, and a food source. In the case of mold on surfaces in your house, the surface is the food source. Mold grows off of your drywall, brick, grout, or wooden beams as it slowly deteriorates that object.
Mold is never truly removed from the home or business. Mold spores are introduced into the home or business daily by people or animals coming in and out of the home (having spores on your clothing or pets bodies). Just by opening and shutting the doors or windows to a home or business can introduce spores into a home. This is ok as long as the humidly in the home is in expectable range.
SERVPRO of Malboro/Tinton Falls trained technicians are ready to determine the extent of mold damage, where it is growing, and remediate the issue. SERVPRO of Malboro/Tinton Falls will try to find the source of any leaks, and other sources of water damage that may be giving rise to the increases in humidity. Call us 24/7 at 732-536-7555 or visit our website www.SERVPROmarlborotintonfalls.com for more information. As a locally owned company in your community, we are here to make your mold problem “Like it never even happened.”
Mold Loves Moisture
Black Mold in Ocean, NJ
Basements or crawl spaces are the perfect place for mold and mildew to form, grow, and cause problems. Condensation, or moisture, is the first part of making your crawl space the ideal home for mold. The second part is a food source, which is some form of organic matter, like wood, paper, boxes or bugs (More food sources for mold. Yuck!). Unless your home is built on steel girders, you have wooden floor joists and beams. Specifically, mold loves wood.
Certain types of mold can be dangerous and it’s important for this reason to take any mold seriously. Mold can cause health effects, you should check with your health care provider to see if you or your loved ones are at risk.
Let us help you remediate that mold. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls (732) 536-7555 is here to help.
Visit our website @ www.SERVPROmarlborotintonfalls.com
Mold damage can be devastating or stressful to homeowners
Mold Found During Remodel in Deal, NJ
Yes mold can be a hassle to deal with but when you have to professionals from SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls there to help we will take the stress off you and deal with the situation. We have seen mold caused from different scenarios. Mold caused by damp crawlspaces not properly ventilated or not having a proper vapor barrier installed. Some crawlspaces might even require a dehumidifier to be placed to remove the moisture that is causing mold growth. Lack of ventilation in the bathroom or attic may also cause mold to grow. Living near the Jersey shore in the winter time causes some issues with mold because a lot of the homes are summer homes. Sometimes homeowner forget to winterize or keep the heat on a high enough temperature and cause pipes to break and not get noticed till the spring or if a neighbor happens to catch the leak. If the water sits too long and the temperatures vary and get warmer this is prime for mold growth. Another scenario we have encountered is mold growth on HVAC ducting; this could be from lack of ventilation or a leak from the unit which hasn’t been detected or improper insulation around the duct work itself.
Regardless of the scenario it is always important to call in the professionals like SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls to remediate your mold issue. We follow the IICRC standards for mold remediation and work with all insurance companies. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls does suggest that if you do have a mold issue to contact your insurance company because not all policies cover mold damage. It is important to remediate your mold damage regardless if the insurance is going to pay for it or not because it could lead to structural damage. Mold damage can also spread to other areas of the home if not treated and contained to the original area and possibly damage the non-porous materials in your home. Besides damage to the home there could be health issues caused by mold but you should check with your healthcare professional to see if you may be at risk.
We have pointed out many different scenarios or “issues” mold can cause but our main point is that you need to be educated by a professional and have them remediate your mold scenario or “issue”. SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls is here to help and we service all of New Jersey. If you feel that you might have a problem with mold feel free to contact us and we would love to come out and take a look and give you our professional opinion.
Commercial Mold Loss in Brick, NJ
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent. If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation. If You See Signs of Mold, Call SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Falls Today – 732-536-7555.