Cold Weather Upon Us
As we come into the weekend it seems as the temperatures are going to be falling and possible snow storm. The front is moving in from the west and should start making things cold by late this week. With that said please make sure you are prepared and don’t get caught in the cold. Here are a few tips to follow during the winter season.
- While driving make sure you have enough gas to get back and forth from where you’re traveling to.
- Have an emergency kit in the car (ie: blanket, water, flashlight, non-perishable food, etc.).
- Ensure you have gas for a generator in case you lose power (never run the generator in or around the house because of carbon monoxide).
- If you have a fire place, make sure you have enough wood to burn.
- Flashlights or candles for the house in case the power goes out.
- Plenty of drinking water.
- Fill the tub with water in case you need to boil water or flush toilets.
These are just some examples of supplies you could need during a winter storm. You can also go online and look under the Red Cross they have tips for surviving a storm. As always if there is a need for our services after a storm feel free to contact SERVPRO of Marlboro/Tinton Fall at 732-532-7555, we are on call 24/7 365 days a year. Be safe and have a Happy New Year.